a die-hard passion for baking

Randoms

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

If You're Going to Fail, Fail Epically

Ok. So my friend ordered a cake for her eighteenth birthday, September 25.She wanted a zebra peace sign red velvet cake with hot pink and lime green accents. Decorations? No problem. Red velvet? Big problem. 
My sister and I had never made red velvet before, so we were a bit nervous. We failed, let me count, 3 times. We practiced two weeks before. And we got a cake that tasted horrible. 
The next weekend, we tried it again. And got a big red biscuit. My sister had done everything right in baking it. Until she forgot the sugar.



So this is what happened to my sister. Just kidding but it made an awesome picture








So they say, when you fail, try again. And so we did. We went to Walmart and got some more of the ingredients and went back to her house to bake it off. Everything was going great. We used Crisco Oil instead of Veggie Oil. We put it in the oven. It smelled amazing. And then we failed. The cake was so greasy. The Crisco oil had gone bad somehow and it was terrible.






But we still used it to practice the sculpting. (:
It ended up looking pretty ok. (: But it tasted like oil. Well. You win some and you lose some. It's life. 

-you know I'm sugarlaced-










No comments:

Post a Comment